AP CAPSTONE at Arlington High School
AP Capstone™ is an innovative program from the College Board that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges. AP Capstone is built on the foundation of two new courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — and is designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study experienced in other AP courses. AP Seminar will be offered in the Fall of 2017 at AHS and AP Research in the Fall of 2018.
Who should take AP Seminar?
Upcoming 11th grade students who desire to:
– Strengthen argumentative writing & research skills
– Collaborate in teams to present & defend findings
– Explore topics across multiple disciplines
– Think critically to construct meaning & understanding
– Understand how to evaluate & analyze sources with accuracy
– Complete the AHS Scholars capstone project